It was suggested by John Sorenson (and others) that no modeler of Book of Mormon geography should attempt to physically place it without first extracting the “Internal Geography.” The physical maps here, in all their detail, were not formulated until after 16 years of study, which included not only the Internal Geography, but also the “Spiritual Geography” (a term coined by us, and pertains to land prophecies).
The expression “truth is stranger than fiction” applies to geography models—perhaps more than anything else—due to how land changes over time (2000+ years for Book of Mormon lands). These are real maps because this is the real geography.
- Land Northward (Jaredite)
- Land of Desolation (within Land Northward)
- Land of Cumorah (east of Land Northward)
- Land Southward
- Land of Bountiful (within Land Southward)
- Land of Zarahemla (within Land Southward)
- Land of Nephi (Lamanite) (within Land Southward)
- Land of Ishmael (within Land Southward)
Disclaimer: No person associated with this physical model had any prior involvement with proposed Book of Mormon lands.