10 But behold, THIS LAND said God shall be a land of thine inheritance, and THE GENTILES SHALL BE BLESSED UPON THE LAND.
11 And THIS LAND SHALL BE A LAND OF LIBERTY UNTO THE GENTILES, and THERE SHALL BE NO KINGS UPON THE LAND, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles.
12 And I WILL FORTIFY THIS LAND AGAINST ALL OTHER NATIONS.
13 And he that fighteth against ZiION shall perish, saith God.
14 For he that raiseth up a king against me shall perish, for I THE LORD THE KING OF HEAVEN WILL BE THEIR KING, and I will be a light unto them forever, that hear my words.
15 Wherefore, for this cause, that my covenants may be fulfilled which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh, I must needs destroy the secret works of darkness, and of murders, and of abominations.
16 Wherefore, he that fighteth against Zion, both Jew and Gentile, both bond and free, both male and female, shall perish; for they are they who are the whore of all the earth; for they who are not for me are against me, saith our God.
17 For I will fulfil my promises which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh—
18 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, thus saith our God: I WILL AFFLICT THY SEED BY THE HAND OF THE GENTILES; nevertheless, I will soften the hearts of the Gentiles, that THEY SHALL BE LIKE UNTO A FATHER TO THEM; wherefore, the GENTILES SHALL BE BLESSED AND NUMBERED AMONG THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.
19 Wherefore, I WILL CONSECRATE THIS LAND unto thy seed, and them who shall be numbered among thy seed, forever, for the land of their inheritance; for IT IS A CHOICE LAND, saith God unto me, ABOVE ALL OTHER LANDS, wherefore I WILL HAVE ALL MEN THAT DWELL THEREON THAT THEY SHALL WORSHIP ME SAITH GOD.
20 And now, my beloved brethren, seeing that our merciful God has given us so great knowledge concerning these things, let us remember him, and lay aside our sins, and not hang down our heads, for we are not cast off; nevertheless, we have been driven out of the land of our inheritance; but WE HAVE BEEN LED TO A BETTER LAND, for the Lord has made the sea our path, and WE ARE UPON AN ISLE OF THE SEA. (2 Nephi 10)
Questions to Ask a Book of Mormon Geographer
- How have the white Gentiles been “blessed upon the lands” in your model?
- How is the land in your model considered “lands of liberty” for white Gentiles?
- Are there, or have there been, “kings or queens” over the lands in your model?
- Have the lands in your model been “fortified” or protected since the Gentiles obtained them?
- Is Jesus considered the king of the lands in your model? Is it considered a Christian nation?
- Did the white Gentiles “afflict” the indigenous peoples of the lands in your model?
- Have the white Gentiles on the lands in your model been as “nursuing fathers” to the Indigenous peoples and the Jews?
- Are the lands in your model considered to be “choice above all other lands?” How so? In what ways?
- Are its inhabitants by and large lovers of God?